Friday, May 11, 2012


I have really learned a lot from this experience. In my opinion, there was a lot of food, I am only missing the things I couldn't have because they were expensive and not necessary (i.e. Nescau and Matte Leão). I have left a lot fo left over food. In fact,the only things I finished were my meat and my eggs. I also got an onion from one of the girls in my 'community' because I forgot to include it in my list of purchases and by the end didn't have any money left. But other than desiring food that I didn't have, I also noticed how remuch work and effort you have to put into preparing your food for the next day. For example, I had to get up earlier to put all my food into containers and fry my eggs. Another thing that I missed a lot was the lack of comfort in this life style. For instance, when I'm home and I feel hungry, I couldn't just stand up and reach for something in the fridge, I would have to wait until it was time for the next meal. I'm glad that I got involved in such a project because it really made me realize how much of an amazing life I have. Everything I have is now of more value. But it also made me realize how much unnecessary food I eat everyday, things that I don't need to get by, but yet, I still consume. This challenge was a huge and amazing experience and I am very grateful I got to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment