Monday, May 7, 2012

Day One - Julia

What I've cooked so far:
  • Pancakes (60g flour, 1 egg, salt, water)
  • Rice (200g rice, 1/4 onion, salt)
  • 2 fried eggs (salt)

                                           -- cooking this morning... 

Overview of my day:
8:40 am: Since I didn't have time to buy or make my food yesterday, I woke up earlier this morning to get things ready. So today - for my breakfast, lunch and snack - I'm only eating for the staples. After I leave work today, I'll be going to the supermarket again to vary up my meals a little more. =)


9:00am: Vic came in and asked if I wanted to trade beans for flour - which I totally will do! I used 1/3 of my flour already this morning (and my kit had 100g less flour than the others... mih). I'm amazed at how much food I have!


3:17pm: Today we had lunch as a group (the participants in the challenge) in Mr. Tolley's room. I think it's safe to assume that it was meaningful to a lot of us - not only this one day of challenges - but the fact that we came together to eat as a group. Some of us were having difficulty with some things and it felt really good to share what I'd prepared this morning. I actually can't wait until tomorrow's lunch break!


How am I feeling:
I woke up with my right eye a little swollen... it hurts a little bit, I just hope it doesn't get worse as the week goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment